From thought to table, 5 min taking moist mug cake recipe!
When one of my fellow blogger asked me for a food collaboration, first I thought of sharing the picture of my butter chicken but then I thought I should share a quick yet bomb recipe that everyone would love baking and devouring. 🍮
This scrumptious mug cake would take total 5 min from thought to table and you will feel like having a lava cake at a fancy restaurant because it's moist from the outside and has a puddle of chocolate in the centre 🍫
Are you skeptical?
I was also but when I tried this, I started believing in mug cakes 🍺🍰
If you are person who gets sweet tooth at midnight but a candy won't do so you devour junk and regret later? Then not anymore because this quick and moist mug cake with chocolate puddle in center would definitely fulfill your dessert cravings and you can a delicious chocolate cake in the comfort of your PJ's.
So hold your notebook and pen and note down the recipe 🤩
Flour (maida) 1/4 cup
Granulated Sugar 1/4 cup
Cocoa powder 2 tbsp
Milk 3 tbsp
Melted Butter 3 tbsp
A pinch of salt
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Egg 1 small
Any chocolate (lightly beaten 28 grams)
Vanilla essence few drops
Water 1 tbsp
Although it's very straightforward,putting everything in a mug with no tension of getting a lot of dirty dishes but let's break down it into steps for making it easier to understand completely.
1. Get a large mug or a small bowl and add all the dry ingredients i.e. flour, cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, salt and mix them well with the help of a fork.
2. Now add melted butter and milk.
3. Add egg and vanilla essence.
4. Mix everything very well together making sure that nothing sticks to the bottom. Every ingredient should be mixed very well.
5. Now add chocolate pieces in the center but do not press them. Adding chocolate in the center creates molteness
6. Now add 1 tbsp of water over the cake batter and do not mix. It helps creating a moist cake.
7. Now put it in the microwave oven and bake for 1 minute, 15 seconds or 1 minute and 30 seconds depending upon your microwave. Mine was ready in 1 minute and almost 20 seconds. You can check when it's ready the center would be a bit wet but not undone and you can check the sides by using the toothpick method.
8. Do not overbake. Check at 1 minute 15 seconds first. When's it's ready let it cool for some time and then have it with ice cream or as it is 🙂
If you are confused about the size of the mug or bowl, look for the one which have the capacity of taking 2 cup of water. If it can take 2 cups of water easily then you are good to go.
Use only microwave safe bowl.
Hope you like the recipe. Tag me if you try and post at instagram. 🌷